المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : camisas abercrombie new york educational services

أسواق
14-05-2014, 09:10 AM
A bevy of smart, fresh-faced Republican women is running for Congress this year, shattering the stereotype that the political right is a bastion of old, white men. They face enormous internal and external obstacles, yet their rise could help a GOP brand facing the lowest party identification among voters in at least a generation. Women voted 55 percent for Democratic President Obama and just 44 percent for Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election, a figure on par with the 56 percent Obama received in 2008. What’s even more problematic for Republicans is that women made up about 54 percent of the electorate in 2012, so their margin is more meaningful than the pure nominal gender gap suggests. Unfortunately some Democrats and other Republicans themselves are engaging in misogynistic attacks against female Republican candidates.Yet these women are forging ahead, well-positioned to carry the GOP through this election cycle and into Congress. Erika Harold (Credit: Erika Harold) “The GOP did not have a broad enough discussion of the positive ways in which conservative principles impact women’s lives,” said Erika Harold, 33, an attorney and former Miss America battling incumbent Rep. Rodney Davis in the Republican primary for Illinois’ 13th congressional district. “[H]aving more female Republican members of Congress would enable the party to communicate more effectively with broader groups of voters and highlight the ways in which conservative principles further women’s economic interests.” Harold weathered a ist and racist attack from a local Republican Party chairman who later resigned after sending an email calling her “street walker,” and “the love child of the DNC [Democratic National Committee].” Setting aside the vitriol, Harold’s campaign is tapping into likely voters’ rock bottom approval ratings of Congress, a signal that incumbents are endangered and voters want new voices to lead. “While my background as a former Miss America is something that initially intrigues many people, my goal is to run a campaign focused on the issues that matter most to voters within my district—the national debt, term limits, overregulation, agriculture and education,” Harold said. Elise Stefanik (Credit: Elise Stefanik) In upstate New York’s 21st district,monclear.fr (http://[url=http://www13ala.or.jp/gakuki3/cgi_bin/aska/aska.cgi)]camisas abercrombie new york[/url], businesswoman Elise Stefanik, 29, battles against naysayers who critique her pantyhose–it should be pattern-less, apparently, because otherwise it’s not conservative enough. Stefanik reports that fellow Republican primary challenger Joe Gilbert called her a “prom queen,” which is more juvenile than anything else (Gilbert’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment). Stefanik is instead focused on serious policy questions, like holding incumbent Democratic Rep. Bill Owens for his vote supporting Obamacare, which she said is wildly unpopular in the district. “He owns this bill,” said Stefanik, a Harvard grad and debate former coach to 2012 vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan. She also said her youth is an advane in an aging district district that has seen many of its young people flee due to economic shifts away from industrialism. “We’ve had a significant brain drain,” Stefanik said. “People shouldn’t have to get on planes to visit their kids. They talk with me about how we can get young people back through attracting businesses and reforming the tax code.” Mia Love and family (Credit: p> If Love wins, she’d be the first person of color elected to national office from Utah. And this year we could also see one or two African-American female Republicans, Love and/or Harold, first elected to Congress. Love’s been the target of vicious, racist and ist slurscalling her a “dirty, worthless whore” who “sold out to big business” and is exploited “like the House N—– she truly is.” These attacks so far have been anonymous through mailings and via Wikipedia, but their tone appears to be coming largely from the left side of the aisle. “I’m no victim, so those words don’t bother me,” Love told Sean Hannity on Fox News. “Am I surprised? No. Am I disappointed? Absolutely. I think the issues facing America right now are colorblind.” Running in New Hampshire’s second congressional district,bettys]abercrombie sandalias (http://[url=http://www.matsue-yado.com/otoku/clip.cgi), Marilinda Garcia, 30, (full disclosure: a personal friend and former Kennedy School classmate), a Latina state legislator who’s served since 2007, faced ist smearing from Democrat Peter Sullivan, a fellow state rep, who dubbed her on Twitter a “lightweight,” a “Kim Kardashian” and “Al Baldasarro [sic] in stiletto heels,” a reference to Al Baldasaro, a fellow state representative. Yet Garcia has heavyweight experience fighting to free New Hampshire healthcare firms from onerous regulations and is a key force behind legislation to promulgate early se seed capital for entrepreneurs in the state. Marilinda Garcia (Credit: MarilindaGarcia.com) Garcia dismissed a narrative from the left that Republicans create a “war on women,” aided by clumsy GOP candidates like Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock, whose tone-deaf rhetoric on abortion gets splashed across the blogosphere and Twitterverse as evidence that an entire movement is misogynistic, homogeneous rubbish. “I couldn’t tell you what leads anyone to say offensive things, but clearly these were painful verbal gaffes from low-profile candidates, which then the media chose to focus on and repeat ad nauseum for weeks as though they are representative of all GOP men,” Garcia pointed out. “[M]eanwhile elected officials like Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer and Bob Menendez on the left with active records of offense toward women are treated as outliers.” As I’ve written before, unfortunately, today’s mainstream feminists seem so fixated on abortion and birth control that they myopically hyperualize women, essentially putting blinders on them to vote on these wedge issues. But a woman is much more than her ovaries. There are many complex issues affecting women’s lives, and without looking at the broader con of empowering women’s education, overall health and economics, reproduction questions will continue to crank up the temperature and distract GOP messaging when it’s but one of a panoply of vital public policy questions. “I never was into gender politics, in fact that’s why I became a conservative,” said well-known Republican strategist Mary Matalin,doudounes]ropa abercrombie cali (http://[url=http://park15.wakwak.com/~haruka/cgi-bin/off/yybbs.cgi), co-author of a new book with her husband, Democratic strategist James Carville. “Women don’t behave or think as a one-issue, homogeneous herd that make reproductive rights a gateway issue.” Matalin pointed out that women overwhelmingly control consumer decisions in our economy, and the right’s message of free markets and business expansion can profoundly resonate once clearly articulated beyond the political noise surrounding reproduction. Romney was clumsy himself when asked about “women’s issues,” deferring inquiries to his wife, Ann. It’s not that GOPers are misogynist, frankly, many of these male candidates want to avoid gender segregation and stereotyping. And isn’t that what self-proclaimed feminists want, a gender neutral society? Martha McSally, 47, a U.S. House candidate in Arizona’s second congressional district, spent 22 years active duty in the U.S. Air Force, and burnished her feminist bona fides by successfully lobbying to overturn a military stipulation that U.S. servicewomen wear an abaya and headscarf when off in Saudi Arabia. Martha McSally (Credit: McSallyForCongress.com) Shockingly, McSally was accused of complicity in the faux Republican “war on women” when she ran unsuccessfully against Democratic Rep. Ron Barber in 2012. In a debate against Barber she responded to this flimsy charge. “I’m a woman warrior. I’ve been fighting for women’s rights and women’s equality my whole life,” McSally said in a response that went viral and allowed her to raise some $200,000 in a week. “You want to talk about a war on women? Walk in my shoes down the streets of Kabul. Walk in my shoes down the streets of Riyadh; where women have to be covered up. Where they’re stoned, where they’re honor killed if they’ve been raped , where they can’t drive and they can’t travel without the permission of a male relative.” Democrats also hammered McSally in a blatantly ist ad called “Recipe” that exploited gender stereotypes to attack her positions on entitlement reform. This time around, McSally said she’s fighting off charges that Republicans are “extremists,” yet she points out that she’s put her life on the line to fight extremists in the Middle East. Back home, she’s fighting to help save military jobs in the district at risk under sequester cuts. “For many years I created cognitive dissonance about what women are supposed to be like, and now I’m creating cognitive dissonance about what Republicans are supposed to be like,” McSally told me. “We need more women [in office]. That number definitely needs to go up, and I certainly want to be part of that solution.” Forbes writers have the ability to call out member comments they find particularly interesting. Called-out comments are highlighted across the Forbes network. You'll be notified if your comment is called out. Ms. Sheffield, While you are no doubt correct that the Republican Party has developed a new slate of candidate that defies expectations and conventional thinking, this is only half of the problem. Who will vote for these candidate is by far the more salient question? Having young, feminine candidates of color is certainly a change for the Republican Party, if their policies only appeal to the same “old white male” voters that the old white male candidate appealed to, this not really too large a step forward. In 2008 neither Michelle Bachman nor Herman Cain were able to attract much in the way of non-traditional Republican voters. It may be more important to change the complexion of the policies of the Republican Party as opposed to the that of the candidates. daviddelosangeles, thank you for your comments. What these women are saying is that conservative policies appeal to a broad electorate, including themselves as women from diverse backgrounds. They are “colorblind” to quote Mia Love, in that they offer long-term solutions to poverty, ignorance and unsustainable entitlements. As cited in the piece, fewer and fewer voters are ID as Republicans, so in order to get these types of candidates the movement must be willing to look outside itself and expand beyond the core, traditional constituencies if they want to remain relevant. When they say things like “unsustainable entitlements” what they’re really saying is: too bad for you ladies with children living below the poverty line, you should have had the dumb luck to be born into privilege. Entitlements like SNAP,colonia]abercrombie kids outlet s (http://[url=http://tsuruo.jp/cgi-def/admin/C-002/after/visit/main?PAGE_NUM=1), educational services, TANF, are not only necessary they promote the economy. They permit individuals to be part of business sustainability, which brings money into neighborhoods, corporations, creates jobs, and improves lives. To say that is unsustainable is a deliberate misunderstanding of what “entitlements” are. If entitlements are misused then the problem is with the management not the policy or the service. Dolores, I agree with you that too often people born into privilege are unable to look outside their own privilege and have empathy. I also think that too often folks born into poverty are unable to look outside their toxic environment. We can agree that life’s bad for folks down at the lower end of the scale. But how about when misery is shared equally? The answer to chronic poverty is not giving people inflated wages that they don’t economically deserve (i.e. artificial minimum wage hikes) and government handouts indefinitely, it’s empowering them to live a life of self-determination and earned success. If we have unsustainable entitlements that puts us on the path to Greece and government failure. Evidence shows that when you dole out government benefits without accountability you are not changing behavior, you are merely perpetuating the cycle of poverty. If we’re talking about folks who are disabled or mentally ill then they need special help. But everyone of able body and mind is capable of adding value to the economy and of unlocking their hidden potential. This enables true happiness in the long-run. Much of this takes a profound change in culture, in mindset, in broadening one’s worldview. I believe that defending free enterprise and reducing our debt and culture of government dependence is a profoundly moral position, these guys explain it more eloquently/entertainingly: p>Dolores, thanks for your thoughts. George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and other Republican men have shown that the gender gap can be far less pronounced or even swung the other way with the best message messenger. When you say that these women “do not support any level of autonomy” I think most conservatives would respond and say that conservatism and libertarianism are philosophies that seek to empower the individual rather than having them rely on the state. They are the ones who fight against teachers unions who are corrupt (see for example, what’s happened in Chicago and New Orleans) to empower poor students of color and give them equal educational opportunities. To your point on “paycheck fairness,” I would point out that during the 2012 campaign, female Democrats repeatedly pointed to questions about a mythological, systemic gender wage gap that disappears when you drill down into the data and find that women are attracted to fields that pay less, work fewer hours and often leave the workforce to raise children. If we use this same incomplete analysis, we’d find that Obama pays his female staffers 18 percent less than his male staffers. It would be great in this area if we can tone down the rhetoric, and use data to drive political opinions rather than emotions. Look for the democrats to attack the women, and not the issues. And the attacks will come from other women – especially women who are minorities. The democrats have gotten a lot of mileage out of “The War on Women” nonsense – and they will double down on that rhetoric. Watch for the democrats to equate Obamacare opposition with the “The War on Women” in the pursuit of low-information voters willing to trade opportunity for entitlements. 1) Mississippi Republicans in Mississippi recently passed a law that requires health care works to collect samples of umbilical cord blood from babies born to some girls under the age of 16 without a warrant and without the consent of the mother. The samples would then be used by the state to identify and prosecute the father if certain conditions are determined. This law is invasive and intrusive against women and it is laws like this that makes many women uncomfortable voting for Republicans.[1] 2) Virginia This state now requires women to have a transvaginal ultrasound procedure before an abortion can be provided. This bill was introduced and supported by the Republicans. This, like the Mississippi law in an invasion intrusion into women’s rights and body. Is it really hard to see how this law might be perceived as off-putting to women in regards to voting for the Republican Party. 3) Legitimate Rape Further, consider these items from Republican men: Todd Akin: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down” Chuck Winder: “I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” Ken Buck: “A jury could very well conclude that this is a case of buyer’s remorse … It appears to me … you invited him over… the appearance is of consent.” Rick Santorum: “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” Richard Mourdock: “I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” The Republican Party has profoundly different policies are relate to women as compared to the Democratic Party. The same can be said for Gay people, Black people,liquidation]camisas hollister lote (http://[url=http://www.matsue-yado.com/otoku/clip.cgi), Hispanics, Asians, and young people. This is not a matter of posturing but policy. At the end of the day, women, especially younger women and women of color, will be attracted to policy. [1] 2013/07/02/expansion-of-the-genetic-surveillance-state-taking-the-blood-of-babies-born-to-mississippi-teens/ I analyze political economy, foreign affairs and culture with the aim of advancing liberty at personal and societal levels. A former editorial writer for The Washington Times, I covered Congress for POLITICO and The Hill. In a past life, I rated healthcare bonds for Moody's Investors Service and analyzed municipal credit risk for Goldman Sachs. I've got a BA in communications from Brigham Young University, master's in business policy from Harvard University, and completed a Fulbright journalism fellowship in Berlin. The author is a Forbes contributor. The opinions expressed are those of the writer. Carrie Sheffield s Popular Posts ???????? zapatos mbt caballero (http://www.rzbn.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=21)